Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oh my dear...

I know I've taken a blogging hiatus lately, but I didn't realize it had been so long! The summer has flown by and the holidays are already upon us. Kicking off the fall is a very special "first" for us. Our "little" B turns one tomorrow and it's very bittersweet. I'm sure I'm not the first, or last, parent to feel this way. It's been a whole year since our lives have changed, a whole year of changing diapers, of sleep deprivation, of crying, of giggling, of milestones, a whole year of growth that will never be matched.

This time last year I was waddling through the grocery store, smiling while gritting my teeth through this conversation:

Well-intentioned complete stranger:(WICS): "Whoa, you're going to pop any day now huh? What is that, twins?" 
Me *awkward laughter* "Yup, today's actually my due date, so we'll see I guess!"
WICS: "Now honey, I'm a nurse, and it looks like you're going to have that baby soon, you should be resting. "
Me: (not in the mood for "friendly" advice). "Oh, ok, thank you. Have a nice day. 

Polish Prince was not too far away and the complete look of shock on his face was pricelsss. It's weird that men don't realize how when someone is pregnant, it seems anyone within eye-sight, earshot, or 100 yards seems to lose their filter and say and do very inappropriate things to complete strangers. Mind you, said pregnant woman (if they are anything like me) is genearlly hormonal and "over-it" at this point. So yes, getting back to it, Polish Prince was shocked that not only was WICS giving me unsolicited advice, she also asked the twin question. At least she refraind from touching my belly. That was a pleasant surprise. Another side note, since when is someone *not* touching your belly considered a surprise...

Anyway, we had been home for about an hour after the grocery store excitement and I was folding laundry on the couch when my water broke and the adventure began. That day will live on in my memory forever and I hope I rememeber it as vividly as I do now. I also plan to take some time tomorrow to write B's complete birth story. Perhaps I'll share it when I do. 

Until then, please be patient with my lack of attention dear blog, I promise like an old friend I will return soon! I have big plans for you! :)


At the stoplight outside of the hospital. Going in a family of two, coming out a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment