Monday, March 12, 2012

How to get that pre-baby body back

To quote a favorite movie of mind "Someone's got a case of the Mondays..." When did Monday's get such a bad rap? As a SAHM, every day can either be a Monday or a Friday depending on attitude. Trust me, I'll get to the point of this post and make the title make sense in a minute. :) Attitude and choice dictate our lives, I think it's important as a SAHM to take care of yourself, model good choices and behaviors for your children, and have a little fun once in a while!

After having a baby everything tends to...well...shift, for lack of a better word. Attitude, eating habits, energy-level, and yes, physical appearance. Those days when you can barely muster up enough energy to do some laundry seem to be never ending those first couple months and those pre-pregnancy jeans keep staring at you from the closet. Taunting, practically saying "ha ha yeah right, just TRY to put me on." Maybe I'm alone in this but I'm going to venture a guess that some of you may be able to relate :)

A little backstory, I was not a happy pregnant person, I was sick 7 out of the 9 months, throwing up all the way through labor and after my c-section, yet I still managed to gain 45 pounds! Not bad in the world of yoga pants, but in reality, where denim exists, it just didn't work for me. So what did I do? Made a choice! I went back to my old standby, Body Heart.

Body Heart Fitness Studio is a women's only fitness studio in Gilbert, AZ. Joan is a certified personal trainer with plenty of years of experience. I take her Ladies Only Fitness Boot Camp, and have been for years (minus the whole pregnancy time). Not only is she a great person, she's a great motivator. She finds ways to challenge your body while still making you feel empowered. The fact that it's all women as well gives me a sense of camaraderie. It also gives me a sense of accountability! This is not a gym, there are no treadmills, elliptical machines, etc, but there are people; family. When I miss a class for whatever reason, I feel like I'm missing time with my friends. When I was pregnant my workout buddies and Joan threw me an adorable baby shower, and these are women I'd only known 2 times as week for an hour each time. I think when we have our moments of insecurity, it's nice to have a group of people to turn to that can help you through it as well as make you stronger, figuratively and literally! :) Joan celebrates positivity, women in their true form (Because let's face it, we're not all built like Jennifer Aniston), and healthy attitudes. She offers not only fitness classes but nutrition classes and offers DAYCARE for your little one! When I go to class Monday mornings, B comes with me. He gets to play with a nanny/babysitter for the hour I work out. He's in a separate room so I still have "me-time" but he's not far away ( I found this SO helpful my first couple weeks back and leaving him for the first time). If you have older kids, feel free to bring them and they can hang out in the playroom.

As a success story, I hit pre-baby weight when B was just under 4 months old, all while still being able to enjoy my dark chocolate covered cherries :) Joan is not a magician, you do have to work, but she has a great energy and sense of humor and if she can put up with my nonsense, she can handle pretty much anything! :) 

If you are looking for a gym-alternative or something to supplement all your workout ideas that you've pinned on Pinterest. I HIGHLY recommend you check out her website, like her on Facebook, pop in for a class! You won't regret it!

This is my own personal opinion/experience, I have not been compensated in any way for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment