Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursdays

I'm going to admit, I've been grumpy lately. B has switched up his "not-so-great" sleeping habits with terrible sleeping habits and I've had a few "woe is me" kind of moments as of late. Since today starts November, and Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I've decided to take a step back and turn my crankiness into thankiness <--you heard it here first folks, that will be a word! So, each Thursday I'm going to share 3 things I'm thankful for at the moment. These will be in no particular order!

1) SLEEP-I'm thankful that once he decides to sleep, even if it's for an hour, that hour is mine to do as I please, and you know what, dishes are not on that list today!

2) Laundry-I know it's weird, but as it's sitting here staring at me on the table, ready to be folded, clean laundry means my family has clothes to wear and the means to wash them. It means that even when there are clothes needing to be washed and needing to be folded, we still have plenty of clothes to wear. 

3) Hugs/Snuggles from B- Yes, he has been extra clingy and needy lately, but I'm thankful that he knows I will meet his needs. I'm thankful that he can communicate those needs to me and that he is home, safe, and healthy. So many parents would long for their babies to snuggle them, I'm going to take advantage, even at 3 in the morning. 

Please feel free to share in with your own things you're thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. hang in there. j just started sleeping this week. he won't wake up all night forever. Good call on the thankful Thursday. sometimes we all have to remind ourselves how great life really is.

    ReplyDelete